You are invited to People of Faith for Equality in Virginia’s 9th Annual Northern VA Multifaith Service, in celebration of Capital Pride, affirming the love between creator and creation for the unique and intentional beauty of each individual. We will rejoice that all people are ribbons in the divine tapestry, woven together in community to be color and light to one another.
Many faith communities are supporting this service with additional faith communities expected to add their support.
There are a number of ways you can support this event:
- Promote the service to your congregation. Share the Facebook event, include in your faith community’s bulletin and weekly email, post flyers, and invite your friends and colleagues. Promotional materials are attached.
- Sing in the event choir. We’ll email you the music in advance and we’ll practice an hour before the event, at 3:00pm on June 7th, in the Commonwealth Baptist Church sanctuary. Email Tom Suydam to participate.
- Volunteer at the event. Email Elizabeth if you can help.
- Help with the reception (food and beverage) following the service.
- Usher: welcoming guests and passing out bulletins.
- Serve as photographer for the event.
- Attend the Worship Service.
The service is sponsored by the Northern Virginia Network of People of Faith for Equality in Virginia. Founded in 2006, POFEV is an interfaith network of clergy and lay people working together for greater welcome and affirmation in faith communities and civil equality for LGBT Virginians. www.facebook.com/POFEVNOVA
We hope you will join in the celebration!