Northern Virginia Pride Festival – October 5th, 2014 from 12-7pm
Bull Run Special Events Center
(7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville, VA 20121)
Details below will be helpful in preparing for the festival day. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com with subject line "Festival Question" so that we may address it and update this information accordingly.
The first-ever Northern Virginia Pride Festival hosted by Northern VA Pride (NOVA Pride) —previously Fairfax Pride, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization based out of McLean, VA — will take place on Sunday, October 5th from 12-7pm at Bull Run Special Events Center in Centreville, VA. The purpose of this inaugural festival is to celebrate the history, progress, and diversity of the Northern Virginia Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) community, as well as its straight allies; provide unforgettable entertainment; a forum for local LGBTQ groups to network; and showcase pro-equality businesses and organizations in the community-at-large.
The Festival grounds will have a designated area with family-friendly stage/entertainment, vendors, activities, and picnic tables; Fairfax 1, the Fairfax County helicopter (landing mid-day) and Fairfax county fire truck for all to explore; assorted outdoor activities geared toward young adults; a fenced off-leash dog area for our canine friends; 40+ vendors of all types (we are still accepting vendor applications); a variety of food & beverage (including alcohol) available; great entertainment lineup (to be announced soon!) on the main stage; and last, but certainly not least, the Say I Do Wedding Chapel, where local religious leaders will perform marriage ceremonies surrounded by vendors geared toward weddings.
The festival is free to attend, and will have a variety of food, beverages and merchandise that may be purchased (no outside food or beverage will be permitted). All alcohol must be purchased using vouchers on sale at the main gate at a rate of $2/ticket; these vouchers/tickets may also be redeemed for select merchandise and activities. All proceeds from tickets sales benefit NOVA Pride.
Getting to the Venue:
Festival Rules & Regulations
All persons entering the festival facility, regardless of position or status as a patron shall be bound to these regulations, and those of; The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, The County of Fairfax, The Commonwealth of Virginia, and The United States of America. Any person found to be in violation of any policy, law, regulation, code, or ordinance; shall be prohibited from entering the festival grounds, participating in activities sponsored by Fairfax Pride Inc, and shall be removed from the festival grounds, if such discovery is made after the subject entered.
The Duty Safety Officer and Law Enforcement shall be notified of any violation of the above that involves, or is perceived to involve: Threats of -or- actual violence, threats of terrorism, suspicion of child abuse or neglect, Sexual Assault, Attempted Sexual Assault, Theft, Distribution of Drugs or Narcotics, Fighting, ILLEGAL possession of a firearm or other dangerous device, use of drugs or narcotics, underage consumption/possession of alcohol, providing alcohol to minors, and any other offenses deemed to be a hazard to the patrons, staff, volunteers, officers, festival ground, or organization. In such event, the suspect shall be removed from the festival ground, and prohibited re-entry.
ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS MUST SUBMIT TO POSITIVE ID CHECKS
PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 16 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT 18+
The Following Activities are Prohibited by All Persons inside of the festival grounds, or the adjacent parking lots:
- Acts of, or Threats of Violence
- Illegal Possession of a Firearm or Other Dangerous Device
- Possession of Alcohol by a Minor
- Providing Alcohol to a Minor
- Roughhousing, Fighting, or any activity that could be construed as such
- Sexual Activities
- Consumption or Possession of Opened Alcoholic Beverages outside of Designated Areas
- Possession or Use of Lighted Tobacco Products in Areas designated as “Non-Smoking”
- Disregarding the instructions of any Officer, Volunteer, Staff Member, or Police Officer
- Marking, or Otherwise Vandalizing any item, structure, or Property
- Walking, or traversing without footwear covering the soles of the feet.
The Following Activities are prohibited without the Express Written Consent of NOVA Pride:
- Sale of Alcohol
- Sale of Any Item
- Distribution of any item, bill, pamphlet, brochure, or any item with the intent to advertise
- Playing of Loud Music
- Distribution or Sale of Food or Drink Items
- Posting of Banners or Signs
- Erecting of Tents, or Similar Structures
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Entry or Egress at any point other than the main entrance
- Possession or Use of open flames, stoves, cooktops, or burners.